This guide is compatible with the PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC version of Mortal Kombat X and Mortal Kombat XL. Click here to report an error or to give us feedback.
- Bell Tower – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, he/she can be uppercutted, where they will fall through a series of wooden floors and eventually land on a bed of spikes. In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, an opponent can be uppercutted to a spike with four sharp edges; as the opponent slowly comes down and end up being impaled on the spikes and sharp edges cut their legs and arms, a small rat then appears and carries the left leg away.
- Chamber of the Flame – The Chamber of the Flame possesses three Stage Fatalities, which can be chosen depending on the button the winning player presses as their character hangs the opponent over the edge of the walkway:
- #1: The labyrinth rotates forward and the opponent is dropped and impaled by five spears on each side, separating into 4 pieces (head, upper body, lower body, and legs). As their blood flows out, the spears pull back and the opponent falls to the ground in pieces. Activated by pressing the Circle button.
- #2: The labyrinth rotates backward and the opponent is dropped and the lower part of their body is crushed by their sides from some Spike Pillars, only to fall again and have their torso crushed and finally their head crushed. Activated by pressing the Square button.
- #3: The labyrinth doesn’t move, and when the opponent is dropped, a series of flames melt their skin, muscles and organs quickly, leaving only a skeleton to drop and smash on the floor, that disintegrates into ash and bone. Activated by pressing the X button.
- Dead Pool – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be uppercutted into the acid bath, burning away the flesh and leaving just a skeleton floating in the acid. In Mortal Kombat: Deception and MK: Unchained this serves as a Death Trap. In Mortal Kombat 11, the opponent is uppercutted to a hooked chain which impales their skull; they are then submerged into the the acid bath, and the chain pulls off their skeleton moments later.
- Goro’s Lair – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be uppercutted into the spikes on the ceiling, similiarly to the Kombat Tomb’s Stage Fatality. (MK4 and MKG only)
- Kombat Tomb – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be uppercutted into the spikes on the ceiling.
- Living Forest – An opponent is thrown into a tree’s opened mouth and, soon after, the tree begins to feast on the unfortunate soul. (MK: Shaolin Monks and MK (2011) only)
- Prison – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be thrown into the fan on the wall.
- Refugee Kamp – After the opponent is uppercut into the air, the soldiers and the van’s minigun in the background open fire on the opponent and shoot them to death, tearing off an arm and a leg in the process as the opponent is left without a face and riddled in bullet holes.
- Scorpion’s Lair – The opponent is uppercutted into a river of lava. In Mortal Kombat (2011), the Stage Fatality is achieved by forcing the victim’s head into the lava, burning the unfortunate soul’s face off with their eye sockets leaking molten rock, screaming in horrible agony.
- Shaolin Trap Dungeon – A Stage Fatality can be performed where the defeated opponent is uppercutted into the air. A spiked pillar then comes in and slams them into the ceiling. They begin to fall to the ground and get impaled by the spike trap.
- Tekunin Warship – The opponent is uppercutted into the large fan on the ceiling, which slices them to pieces as the walls are covered completely with their blood.
- The Kove – After the opponent is uppercutted, a tentacle bursts through the dock, grabbing the opponent in mid-air and slamming them on the dock two times, before they are dragged below the dock. It then transitions underwater, as the tentacle wraps around the opponent’s body and neck, squeezing until the shoulders and neck burst as the opponent is screaming in desperation, leaving only the opponent’s head and arms while the rest of the body is dragged down to the abyss.
- The Pit – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be uppercutted off the bridge where they will land on a bed of spikes. Although the announcer did not acknowledge it in the original MK, this would be the series’ first Stage Fatality. In the stage inspired by this one in MK: Deception and MK: Unchained, this is a Death Trap.
- The Pit II – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be uppercutted off the bridge where they will meet their demise on the rocky bottom below. In Mortal Kombat Trilogy, all of the levels that featured a Stage Fatality made it into this game, except for The Pit II’s. Because of the practical impossibility of filming new, extra animations with actors for the non-Mortal Kombat II character sprites for the Pit II’s overhead fall, they simply left the Fatality out entirely. In Mortal Kombat (2011) there is a new Stage Fatality, which is a version of The Pit from the original Mortal Kombat, not Mortal Kombat II.
- The Pit III – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be uppercutted off the bridge where they will be sliced to pieces by giant spinning blades at the bottom.
- The Pit X – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be uppercutted off the bridge where they will first lose an arm to the spiky pillars holding the bridge up, and then land on a bed of spikes, their arm soon following.
- The Street – It features a Stage Fatality where your opponent is hit by a taxi. When they are hit, it shows their skull being cracked X-Ray style, and then their head is completely ripped off. (Mortal Kombat (2011) only)
- The Subway – When an opponent is defeated on this stage, they can be uppercutted through the roof and back down to the other side (MK3 and updates) or knocked straight into the tracks (MK: Armageddon) to be then run over by a subway train. In Mortal Kombat (2011), kombatants grab their victims to smash their faces on the windows of a train as it passes, smearing blood across the sides of the carriages as the head drags against the metal. The winner then tosses the loser across the arena to the other tracks, where another train runs the opponent over while the opponent is still airborne.
- Tournament – The winner points upwards as the lights dim and the spotlights turn on, while the crowd starts chanting. The words “Finish Him/Her!” appear on the big screen as the winner picks up the Deadly Alliance arcade machine and crushes the opponent into pieces causing the spectators to cheer. The broken arcade screen will then display “FATALITY” with the soundbyte sting from Mortal Kombat II playing after.
Stage Fatalities have been around since the original Mortal Kombat 1 and have stayed an integral part of the franchise over the years. In this guide we will go over everything you need to know about Stage Fatalities in Mortal Kombat X.
How and Where Can Stage Fatalities be Performed?
Stage Fatalities are always executed after the opponent has been defeated. As the name states however these Fatalities are bound to a specific stage, so you cannot execute them everywhere and they are always unique to that stage. Here is a list of the stages that have Stage Fatalities:
– The Pit
– The Kove
– Refugee Camp
What Are the Command Inputs For Stage Fatalities?
In addition to the arena bound nature of the Stage Fatality each fighter has their own button combination for the move. You can see it in the game’s moves list if it is unlocked. You can also check each character guide we have for the combination. To make things simpler for you however, here is a short list with just the Stage Fatalities of each fighter. Remember, you need to be right next to your opponent:
Alien: D, D, D, FK
Bo’ Rai Cho: B, F, B, F, BP
Cassie Cage: D, D, B, F, BP
D’Vorah: F, F, BL
Ermac: D, U, D, D, FK
Erron Black: D, D, D, BK
Ferra/Torr: B, F, B, BK
Goro: D, D, D, D, FP
Jacqui Briggs: D, F, D, BK
Jason: D, B, F, F
Jax: D, F, D, FP
Johnny Cage: D, B, F, BL
Kano: U, U, B, FK
Kenshi: D, F, D, FK
Kitana: F, D, D, FK
Kotal Khan: F, D, B, FP
Kung Jin: U, D, F, BK
Kung Lao: D, F, D, FK
Leatherface: F, B, D, U
Liu Kang: D, F, B, FK
Mileena: D, D, D, FP
Predator: F, D, B, U
Quan Chi: B, F, D, BP
Raiden: D, D, D, BP
Reptile: F, D, D, BL
Scorpion: D, D, FP
Shinnok: D, B, F, F
Sonya Blade: B, F, D, BP
Sub-Zero: F, D, B, BP
Takeda: U, U, U, D
Tanya: U, D, U, D, BK
Tremor: D, D, D, BK
Triborg: D, U, BL
We hope you liked this guide and we sure hope it helped you. Before we say go play the game, here are all the Mortal Kombat X Stage Fatalities for you to enjoy: